Camera data for all six: 1/160, f/8, 100
The theme I chose was “Modern Fairytales”, and I think I’ve done a pretty good job of conveying it.
- Belle: The strongest feature of this photo is the composition of it, and I’m a fan of the lighting as well. I do wish that I would have put my model in a nicer costume — and that I hadn’t used the same model twice. Both of what I would change are things that were done in set-up itself.
- The Mad Hatter: I love the lighting in this one! The way that his face is almost completely in shadow is exactly the effect I was going for, and his expression is wonderful, too. However, the background is incredibly blown-out. If I took this photo again, I would move the model and lights farther away from the white background.
- Rapunzel: This photo’s strongest feature is definitely the way the light is catching on her hair. I do wish her shoulders were thrown back, and if I re-shot this photo I would improve composition (because currently the focal point is on the wrong rule-of-thirds line).
- Snow White: What I like best about this photo is the colour of the apple and the posing of the model; yet I think the contrast is too high, almost. If I took this photo again, I would be more careful in editing.
- Thumbelina: I believe I did a good job on the focal point of this photo, which is Olivia/”Thumbelina” — the strongest feature is her. The weakest feature of this photo is the composition, as she is not on the center line OR the rule of thirds line. If I took this photo again, I would have Janna/”The Keeper” less in focus.
- Red Riding Hood: The strongest feature of this photo is, I believe, the shadow that I’ve photoshopped to resemble a wolf (because I think I’m clever, sometimes). The weakest feature is where I focused it — her eyes could be a lot sharper. If I took this photo again I would position the model so her back was almost completely to the camera, and have her look over her shoulder.